Saturday, October 2, 2010

Summer 2010

What a summer!!! It has been full of fun and new things for the Gonzalez Family. Luke had his fusion surgery on July 13. His halo has been a constant source of stress for me, but he has done remarkably well with it. He has never once complained about it or felt self-conscience. He's such a strong, brave, and courageous young man. It has almost been 3 months since the halo went on, and Luke will be getting it off on Oct.6. All of us are very excited and hope to have a party to celebrate!!!


 Drew turned 3 on Aug. 24th. He had a Toy Story birthday party with the neighbor kids at our neighbor's swimming pool. It was very fun and Drew had a wonderful celebration.


Gary turned 34 the next day and we partied with a cake and gifts.
We started homeschooling Luke the first week of August. He's doing great. We are using the Veritas Press curriculum, a classical Christian approach to learning. We really like it. Luke is already memorizing his doubles addition facts (1+1, 2+2, etc) and has started reading sentences. I am so very proud of him. Drew enjoys looking at the ABC poster on the wall and telling me what the letters are. "Momma, T is for Tiger." He gets such a kick out of telling Luke what the animals are, and of course, Luke gets slightly annoyed and responds with, "I KNOOOOW, Drew." Ava is learning her animal sounds and currently loves quacking like a duck. It's just about the cutest thing EVER!

Gary has been working hard. He isn't in love with his current job, but likes it well enough. He is good at it and has excelled. It's a very good thing he's good at it, too, because we found out that we will be here for another year (give or take a few months). He lost his spot in the class he was supposed to start in February 2011, so we hope to be in the August 2011 class. We won't find out for several months if he made that class or not, but until then, we will remain content where we are.
Right now, the weather could not be nicer and we are actually experiencing a "Fall" season. It is so delightful and I love this cooler weather. All of my windows are open (my fans are still on in each room, though) and every day we've spent a couple hours enjoying being outside. I'm ready for pumpkin pie, pumpkin cookies, spices, and Thanksgiving!
Happy Fall to you! Until next time ~Amy


3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad everything is going well. I have been thinking and praying for you all. Tell Luke I'm glad he gets his halo off so soon. Can't wait to see ya'll in December.

    Meghann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Amy,
    I´ve been praying for you guys. Mom told me how brave Luke has been. What a little man! He's a testimony to me. Looking forward to being back with my First Pres family soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!! An update...like I have room to talk; but hey, i don't have 3 cuties to boast about, either! Glad to see the pics of the kids and word to ya motha, that birthday cake for Gary is HUGE!!!

    ReplyDelete