Tuesday, October 12, 2010

All things Pumpkin!

YUUUUUUMMMMMMMMM!


We started with a pie pumpkin:
We baked it for almost 2 hours @ 350 (this one was big, normally, it only takes 1 hour)

We rolled out our crust, poured in our pumpkin pie mix, and baked it.


 Here's how it turned out:
I took it to my neighbor's house and we ate it together. Everyone loved it. I know the crust looks incredibly ugly... I am TERRIBLE at doing my crust! I've tried several times and multiple tricks, but I haven't mastered it yet. Well, practice does make perfect, so I will keep trying! :0)

Where is the pecan pie, you ask? Well, the pecan pie met it's demise when I dropped it after pulling it out of the oven. Yes, I cried. Yes, it was a terrible mess. Yes, I got a new pie dish out of the whole incident. I will have to do another one, but I need to work up my nerve first.

My Front Porch Fall Decor: 

I made a pumpkin cheesecake today. I will let you know how it turned out after we eat it... I used the rest of the pumpkin we had left after making the pumpkin pie. Only this time, I pureed the pumpkin because it was too pulpy (is that a word? idk, but that's all I think of to describe the consistancy of the pumpkin in the pumpkin pie). I have issues with the consistancy of things. I needed my pumpkin pie to be smooth and it had lumps in it. So, hopefully, the cheesecake will be nice and smooth and taste yummy.

1 comment:

  1. AMY!!! I LOVE the picture of the kids as your new header. Oh man, they are the cutest!!!! I remember when Grandma Marie dropped her lemon meringue pie for the family reunion one summer. She was upset, too. But, it just gives you another chance to practice and yay, a new dish!!You and Luke did an excellent job on the fall decor! I love when you post on your blog :)

    ReplyDelete