Sunday, July 11, 2010

Grace, Grace, God's Grace

We will leave tomorrow early afternoon to go to Birmingham. Gary and I have reserved a room at a nearby hotel so we can walk to and from the hospital and also so it's easier to get Drew and Ava back and forth. I thought this weekend would be so anxious filled and worrisome for me. But, praise be to God, it has been a wonderful, restful, fun, eventful weekend! Friday evening, we all went out to dinner at Olive Garden, one of my favorite restaurants. After we got home and got the kids in bed, a couple from our church came over and we played monopoly! It was very fun and we had fun chatting late into the night. Gary and I haven't done that in quite a while!
Yesterday, my neighbor and I left home around 8:00 in the morning and drove 2 hours south to Destin, Fl to go to the outlet mall. I can't even tell you how much fun I had. Every second was enjoyable! We had a great time shopping and getting to know one another better. I got so much stuff for everyone in the family!!! I don't think I've ever had SO MUCH FUN SHOPPING!!!!!!!!!!
After we finished shopping (at 7 pm!!!!!!!), we headed to the beach. Oh. Oh. Oh. It was glorious. The waves crashing on the white sand, seagulls flying overhead, a strong wind whipping my hair everywhere. The smell and taste of salt... There is no place on earth that is so evident of the majesty of God. pure blissfulness.
We ate dinner at a restaurant right there on the beach. We ate on the patio facing the ocean. Such a wonderful time!!! We didn't get home until 11:45 last night.
Today has been a day of worship and family time. After the worship service, the elders and pastor annointed Luke with oil and laid hands on him as they prayed for him, his doctors, the surgery, the recovery, and our family. The Lord has been so kind to me and wrapped me in a blanket of peace that  has brought such comfort. I am not afraid. I am not scared. I know my son is in the hands of the great I AM. The Creator and One who knit Luke together in my womb. What have I to fear? Nothing, absolutely, nothing.

1 comment:

  1. What a great post! I'm so glad you got to have a fun weekend before this week begins. What a blessing and a sweet time. Wish we were close enough to come join in that monopoly game.

    We love you guys and miss you!

    ReplyDelete